Cerebral palsy can be identified at very early stage by an awareness of risk factors, regular developmental screening of all high risk babies, thorough neurological examination , delayed developmental milestone . With early identification & early intervention programme , more than 80% children can be given good quality of life . Cerebral palsy early identification can be suspected on following written feature.
• Premature birth, Difficult delivery, Asphyxia, Septicemia , Jaundice
• Delayed motor mile stones like poor head control, inability to sit and stand
• Asymmetry in functional use of extremities.
• Difficulty in feeding and drooping of saliva
• Abnormally increase or decrease in tone.
• Involuntary movement.
• Abnormal persistence of primitive reflexes.
Associated problems like mental retardation & speech problem, hearing loss, squint and seizure